Tuesday, April 15, 2008

March 2008 happenings

This month started out busy. Monday and Tuesday I did visiting teaching. Also Tuesday I made some frozen strawberry jam and then went outside to pick grapefruit. I hurt my finger when I slid down the ladder. I should have gone and had it checked out, but I didn’t. I had visiting teaching appointments. The next day morning I went down to St. David to attend the funeral of John Taylor who lived in our ward several years ago. A friend thought I should have my finger checked out, so I went to Urgent Care before I left for Greg’s place to watch their kids while they went back to New York. I didn’t think the doctor could do anything because too much time had lapsed. I did get a tetanus shot. But it healed fine. While in Gilbert, I was able to see the two performances of the Jungle Book that Whitney’s school’s performed. It was very well done. Whitney was the baby elephant and performed superbly. Tuesday, her 12th birthday she had a chorus concert at school. She had another solo there. It was very good. Katie and Michael came over in the evening for ice cream and cake. Her Beehive class also came over to welcome her into Mutual and brought over cupcakes. I was able to watch Trace play flag football and to watch Jessica in her gymnastics class, she is very flexible. I came home the 13th. On the 17th I received a visit from a friend (Mary O'Brien) who was interested in joining the church. She went with me to the pageant the next night, along with Teresa, Aaron & their family. Michael and Katie met us at the temple. I called the missionaries and they met with us the next week since I was leaving for Utah the next day. While I was in Utah, I attended Jill’s wedding, visited with Jolene and Wade, other family members and friends and went to the temple a few times. I returned March 24th. I met with the missionaries Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday evening I went back up to Michael’s place and flew out the next morning to Oregon to watch Don and Gaylynne’s kids while they went to New York.

No comments: