Saturday, April 12, 2008

Caribbean Cruise Jan 2007

April 12, 2008 -- I finally got high speed internet and when I went up to Gaylynne's place last week to watch their kids while they went to New York, she showed me how to do a slide show. I wanted to share all the exciting places that I went to last year. So I will start with January 2007 with my cruise with Greg, Shelley and their family. My flight to Texas was canceled and American Airlines flew me to Cancun two days later. From there I had to pay a driver ($500) to take me to the next port stop -- about a four hour trip. I was told that the agency took credit cards, but they didn't and so all my money went to pay for the ride. They didn't even take change. I had $497 in bills and two dollars in change. I went and asked a tourist if he could exchange the coins for dollars and then I asked him if he had a dollar that he would give me since I was still a dollar short, which he did. (On the way down I found that I had another dollar's worth of change in my purse so actually I had exactly enough) but I was short on time also. I made it there just as the gang plank went up. They lowered it and I boarded. I don't know what I would have done it I had missed the ship again--no money whatsoever and in a foreign country. We then went to Roatan, Honduras and went snorkeling--that was my first time and it was fun! In Belize we went to the Altun Ha Mayan ruins and afterwards enjoyed a river cruise. Our last port stop was in Mexico and we saw the Tulum Ruins. Once I made the cruise it was fun and interesting, but it was nerve wracking beforehand.

.

No comments: